Senior Quantity Surveyor
Tier 1 contractor, London – residential / Commercial / Educational, JCT / NEC, £10m – £60m
- Senior Quantity Surveyor (London Business)
- Location: London
- Project Based/Office Based, with flexibility for occasional remote working
- Primary sectors of: residential, education, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, leisure, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
What they offer you:
- A dynamic working environment
- Salary of £65-85,000
- Car allowance
- Hybrid working
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to assist the Commercial Team with quantity surveying duties in conjunction with other team members and provide effective financial and contractual control on all contracts allocated within the London Business. This position is office and project based, with flexibility for occasional remote working.
Our client is an Investors in People Platinum employer providing national construction services to private and public sector customers across a range of markets.
They are one of the UK’S most successful Tier 1 contractors. As a progressive and ambitious company, their employees benefit from a safe and rewarding working environment.
About the role:
You will be working within the Construction London & Home Counties business, where you will:
- Contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract
- Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved
- Monitor subcontractor against programme
- Ensure applications for payment and invoices are completed and submitted to ensure payment is made to terms and within work in progress (WIP) and cash targets
- Financial closure of projects ensuring all costs and value are allocated in correct systems in accordance with financial timetable.
Ideally you will have:
- Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of running your own schemes, or you could be a number 2 who is ready to step up
- Contracting background.
- Proven experience in managing packages worth £10m or more