Senior Design Manager
Canterbury office and Kent project
£75-85,000 + package
Due to growth, we are partnering with a Tier 1 contractor in there search for an experienced Design Manager to join their construction business.
You will manage the design aspects of tenders and projects in progress within the Kent Business. This position is project & office based, with flexibility for occasional remote working.
Our client is a progressive and ambitious company and is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Are you looking for an employer who can offer you job security, progression, and a fun, challenging environment?
Primary sectors: education, residential, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
The role – Senior Design Manager
As a Senior Design Manager you will manage the design aspects of tenders and projects in progress.
Canterbury Office & Kent Projects, Principally Education, JCT / NEC, Various projects for Frameworks, Daily reporting to PM/Ops Manager
- Establish, maintain and manage effective project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages
- Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners and suppliers at bid and delivery stages
- ·Manage and coordinate safely the overall design process through the RIBA design stages challenging the brief and bringing innovation and continuous improvements benefits to the projects at bid and delivery stages
- Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures at bid and delivery stages
- Involvement with ‘design strategy’ and approach
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project
- Programme and manage all design reviews and coordination meetings
- Ensure fully coordinated design strategy is in place and work closely with discipline lead designers to deliver coordinated design solutions
- Establish the need for and input into design reviews
- Ensure that design is developed in line with commercial and construction requirements and the cost plan budget allowances
You will be an experienced Design Manager with general contracting experience.
Knowledge / experience of DfE, Working knowledge of BIM is an advantage.
You will have some form of construction qualification
Salary of £75-85,000, plus car or allowance, pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday