Design Manager / Senior Design Manager
- Based from their head office in Welwyn, some opportunity for hybrid working.
- £65-85,000 + package
Due to growth, we are partnering with a Tier 1 contractor in there search for an experienced Design Manager to join their construction business.
As a Design Manager you will manage the design aspects of tenders and projects in progress.
You will be working within our Construction London & Home Counties business, where you will:
- Establish, maintain and manage effective project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages
- Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners and suppliers at bid and delivery stages
- Manage and coordinate safely the overall design process through the RIBA design stages challenging the brief and bringing innovation and continuous improvements benefits to the projects at bid and delivery stages
- Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures at bid and delivery stages
- Involvement with ‘design strategy’ and approach
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project
- Programme and manage all design reviews and coordination meetings
- Ensure fully coordinated design strategy is in place and work closely with discipline lead designers to deliver coordinated design solutions
- Establish the need for and input into design reviews
- Ensure that design is developed in line with commercial and construction requirements and the cost plan budget allowances
You will be an experienced Design Manager with general contracting experience.
You will have some form of construction qualification
Salary of £65-85,000, plus car or allowance, pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday