Bid Writer / Coordinator
Coordinate and produce high-quality technical bid responses and proposals for tender and framework opportunities
Our client are a well-established and financially secure c£60m turnover main building contractor that undertake construction, refurbishment and fit- out projects within the education, higher education / further education, healthcare, commercial and community sectors.
Delivered through their General Contracting and Interiors Divisions, projects typically range between £500k to £8m throughout London and surrounding Home Counties.
Role and Key Responsibilities:
Primarily based at their head office in Hertfordshire, with flexibility for 1-2 days hybrid working (To be agreed with Line Manager), you will join their successful pre-construction team to coordinate technical bid responses and produce quality proposals for both tenders and framework agreements.
You will play a key role within the team, reporting directly to the Senior Business Development Manager who is responsible for the business’s bid and business development functions, which is ultimately overseen by the Pre-Construction Director.
Duties will include:
- Due to the importance of this pivotal role within our team, you will be an articulate and confident writer with a good track record of producing professional creative bid proposals, ideally using Adobe InDesign
- Strong organisational, planning and communication skills to manage and produce multiple technical bids at any one time
- Inquisitive and confident, capable of working with our technical staff, supply-chain and design partners to produce both technical and non-technical answers to support bids
- Liaise with technical leads and support staff, nurturing a positive relationship that supports our bid proposals
- Organise and chair tender ‘Launch Meetings’, engaging and influencing teams at all levels
- Obtaining and reviewing bid feedback for continuous improvement
- Excellent time management skills to meet tender deadlines and deal with clarifications
- Proactive attitude and initiative to add value at pre-construction stage, reviewing ‘opportunities’ on completed projects – Examples of social value, innovation and social media stories to promote
- IT literate with ideally InDesign and Photoshop Elements software exposure
This role will suit someone from a main contracting background, with strong writing and coordination capabilities, who has a real understanding and passion for making a positive impact with their proposals and, is looking for an opportunity to thrive.
Bid Writer / Bid Coordinator / Hertfordshire