Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Northampton – Civil Engineering
- Permanent role.
- Office based with site visits.
- Working hours: 7.30-4.30
- Car or car allowance (£660 per month)
- Discretionary bonus
- 23 days holiday, plus 1 per year for 3 years, +1 after 5 years, +1 after 10 years (up to a maximum of 28) + bank holidays
- Buy and sell holiday scheme.
- Death in service *2 annual salary
- Pension Employer 3.5 and employee 4.5
Our client is an an award-winning civil engineering company who specialise in infrastructure, ground works and associated building services, covering most of the UK.
This role is based predominantly in their Oxford office, with site visits to schemes in Central Oxfordshire, Swindon, Basingstoke, Reading, and Banbury.
Their journey began in 1995 and they now boost 7 regional offices and a turnover approaching £250m
They have a strong management team, many of whom joined the company as trainees and have worked their way up.
If you are a highly motivated Quantity Surveyor looking for a fast paced environment with a company who can offer you opportunity and progression, then please get in touch.
The role – Civil Engineering Assistant Quantity Surveyor
This civil engineering contractor are searching for a hard working and driven Assistant Quantity Surveyor who is looking to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Based in their Northampton office, you will work alongside their commercial team
The purpose of the role will be to provide support to the Quantity Surveyors in line with business requirements.
Assisting the Quantity Surveyor with the below key tasks:
- Regular site visits and liaising with the production team.
- Preparing and reviewing tenders with estimators and assisting with understanding the client’s requirements to offer value engineering.
- Providing early cost advice to clients on variations and ensuring only authorised variations are undertaken.
- Offering technical advice on drawings and ensuring each projects have the correct documentation.
- Managing the end-to-end commercial aspects of the assigned projects to maximise value and collaborating with the Finance and Procurement departments accordingly.
- Ensuring all commercial accountabilities are undertaken in a timely manner, with a high degree of accuracy and measure.
- Analysing rates & prices and agreement of variations and / or compensation events as required.
- Identification and analysis of potential debt risks and negotiating financial reconciliation with third parties to provide reasonable solutions.
- Forecasting monthly and annual profit figures ensuring figures are maintained throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Understanding the principles of safety on sites and projects.
- Supporting the safety Director and safety team in the application of safety policy and practice.
- Ensuring that any safety concerns are addressed immediately with the support of the safety team and Directors as appropriate.
- Building strong working relationships with clients including social networking.
- Allocating work to sub-contractors including assistance with procurement when required
The right person
·GCSE’s Minimum 7 A-C / 5-9 including Maths and English.
·Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor and / or Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
·General Knowledge of contractual terms within construction.
·Excellent PC skills, in particular excel.
·Strong mathematical ability.
·Excellent interpersonal skills.
·Skilled at gathering and interpreting data and information.
·Ability to produce a range of cost value reports
Quantity Surveying / Quantity Surveyor / Northampton / Oxford